Career Opportunities With ADLI Law Group
ADLI Law Group is driven to providing Los Angeles with a team of professional, knowledgeable and experienced attorneys, customer service professionals and an overall experience. If you are interested in joining a group of people driven to working for the greater good, you’ve found your match. Below are the current open positions available with ADLI Law Group. Make sure to check back frequently because positions will be added as needed.
ADLI Law Group is currently hiring!
Please click the links below to receive further information regarding the position and how to apply.
Docket & File Clerk
Mid-sized, fast-paced law firm seeking a motivated, organized and reliable individual for full-time docket & file clerk position. The ideal candidate will be able to docket and schedule events, perform data entry, work electronically to process legal documents and court notices as well as other clerical duties assigned. Docketing & File Clerk is responsible for entering data into the firm’s calendaring system (Prolaw) and Outlook. Clerk will calculate rule-based litigation (general civil, state, federal, administrative, arbitrations) deadlines per applicable court rules and statutes and provide daily and weekly calendar reports. The clerk answers questions about court procedures, rules, and calculation of time, resolves docket discrepancies, prepares for and attend litigation meetings, distributes tasks and reminders as necessary. Docketing Clerk is also responsible for the upkeep of all Physical files for all matters and maintains all electronic files per firm protocol. Excellent communication, organization and computer skills are required with a working knowledge of office equipment. Prior office or law firm experience preferred.
• Receives court papers, complaints, documents; stamps received filings and documents; determines general case category and makes case docket entries; enters case intake information on physical file, index cards or log book; prepares case file folders and labels; prepares fee and cost expense forms; assists paralegals with administrative tasks; prepares calendars cases and trials.
• Files case files and related documents and checks same for completeness and appropriate information.
• Assists Legal Reception with processing of mail, naming and saving of electronic files
• Takes or causes required action to be taken to obtain signatures on documents; tracks missing documents; pulls calendared cases and enters case information into case file.
• Records and logs case identification data, receipt of documents and disposition information on court records either manually or by computer data entry; makes entries in case logs; assembles documents in chronological order for case records; files cards, documents, and records.
• Answers incoming phone calls; routes callers to appropriate personnel; takes messages.
• Performs limited and routine counter work; responds to routine informational requests; refers complex or sensitive inquiries to the supervisor or appropriate individual.
• Types or generates from the computer, labels, case cards, notices, summons, trial calendars and distributes same; sends out notices to various staff members and attorneys.
• Fills in for Legal Receptionist as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
• Some knowledge of court procedures and policies, legal documents, codes and legal factors pertaining to the court.
• Knowledge of CA State, NV State and Federal Court Rules, not required but a background in CO, NY, IL State Court Rules would be beneficial
• Knowledge of Civil Procedures
• Knowledge of Prolaw Calendaring system
• Some knowledge of the organization, operations, functions and scope of authority of the court or activity to which assigned.
• Some knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
• Some knowledge of basic mathematical concepts.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to learn the operation of the naming convention.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations.
• Skill in the operation of a personal computer and other standard office equipment.
• Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
Work is performed primarily in an office setting and at a public counter.
Work is essentially sedentary with occasional walking, standing, bending, and transferring items under 25 pounds such as papers and files. Position may require periods of extended sitting, standing or computer use.
Qualifications (Any combination of training and work experience which indicates possession of the knowledge, abilities and skills listed above. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:)
Graduation from an approved high school or vocational school and some (6 to 12 months) general clerical experience; court specific or legal experience preferred.