Entertainment Representation & Counseling
Creative types and endeavors come with unique and daunting issues. These issues require creative, strategic advice and solutions to effectively (and cost-effectively) manage them and for the creatives to achieve success — the exact type of creative counsel ADLI Law Group’s entertainment lawyers provide.
How are we able to do this?
- Our highly-skilled transactional lawyers have multiple decades of experience across all forms of entertainment—TV, film, music, radio and digital content. We’ve seen and can handle pretty much anything for clients in these creative areas.
- We represent clients in all facets of these industries including: composers, actors, entertainment entrepreneurs, multi-platinum and up-and-coming recording artists, producers, mixers, engineers and songwriters, personal managers, talent and commercial agencies, content licensors and licensees, live event promoters, industry executives, on-air talent, publishers, authors, television and other content creators, financing, production, directors, writers, entertainment executives and VFX and post-production facilities. This provides us with a 10,000-foot view and unique understanding of how all the moving parts of a deal need to interact for our clients to be successful and how to structure, write and negotiate deals accordingly.
- We also have practical experience on the creative side of entertainment and media projects. We understand how the delicate balance between the business and creative elements needs to be accommodated in a deal.
- Our entertainment transactional lawyers have extensive litigation experience. This taught them what can go wrong with business deals and ways to prevent it. Their skills expand to contracts and intellectual property laws.
- When clients do come to us for entertainment litigation representation, our litigation lawyers have experience across a wide gamut of entertainment disputes, with expertise in all forms of entertainment and their collateral issues, such as defamation, privacy and copyright matters.
The services we offer our entertainment clients include handling:
- Creative and strategic advice and counsel geared to our clients’ overall success.
- Copyright and trademark/branding protection, disputes and litigation.
- Contract creation and negotiations.
- Entertainment business matter advice, disputes and litigation.
- Content creation, distribution and monetization advice and agreements.
- Protection of creative ideas.
- Confidentiality, non-disclosure (NDA) and other business agreements.
- Incorporations, LLCs, and partnership agreements.
- Management, talent agency, talent, syndication and option agreements.
- Employment and engagement/independent contractor agreements.
- Licensing and merchandising agreements.
- Protecting the right of publicity.
- Book publishing and other literary agreements.